Leggings to Workout Apparel – A Beginner’s Guide to CrossFit
If you’ve ever worked out a day in your life, you’re likely familiar with the term CrossFit. Created by Greg Glassman in 2000, CrossFit has swept the nation and only continues to grow in popularity as the years go on. CrossFit is seen as both a competitive fitness sport and a physical exercise philosophy which allows people of all walks of life to participate at varying levels of intensity. CrossFit workout regiments encompass a wide range of exercises that include powerlifting, gymnastics, Olympic weightlifting, high-intensity interval training, plyometrics and more.
- Guide to CrossFit – Over the course of the last decade, CrossFit has becoming one of the biggest movements in the history of fitness, with over four million athletes visiting 15,000 CrossFit gyms located in 120 countries all over the world.
- A Beginner’s Guide to CrossFit: I Tried It Out For A Year – You know the problem with all the “beginners guide to CrossFit” articles on the web? They’re all written by people who never actually done CrossFit for an extended period of time.
- Top Beginner-Friendly CrossFit Workouts – While CrossFit may seem intimidating at first, it is an exercise program for everyone no matter his or her current fitness level.
- A Beginner’s Guide To CrossFit – You might not know exactly what CrossFit is – yet – but we can guarantee that hearing the word “CrossFit” will conjure up certain images.
- A Beginners Guide on CrossFit – When starting any new training regime, it can be daunting, exciting and nerve racking all wrapped into one.
The CrossFit Mindset
CrossFit is known for its high intensity work out sessions. CrossFit classes often times requires students to keep up a high level of intensity from beginning to end. This doesn’t mean you’ll be required to work out until you burn out in the first two minutes. However, it will test your limits in ways other work out regiments simply will not.
- 5 Tips for a Positive Mindset – For most of us, a negative attitude seems to trump a positive one.
- Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life – A “Fixed Mindset” is a limiting way of looking at the world. A person with a fixed mindset thinks of themselves and others as having innate traits, talents and liabilities that can’t be changed.
- Swapping “Can’t” for “Can” – All of us can overcome our fears and insecurities, especially with the support of great coaches and friends in one of the best communities that exists.
- How to get into the mindset of a winner: lessons from Olympic athletes – If all else fails to calm your nerves just before a big event, during a crisis or competition, regulate your breathing by changing the ratio of inhalation to exhalation.
- How CrossFit gets beginners in the best shape of their lives – There’s no two ways about it – the training is physically and mentally challenging in the extreme.
The CrossFit Program
When you first begin your CrossFit program in a qualified class, you’ll begin with an intense and dynamic warm up. The point of this warm-up is to get the body moving. When it comes to your workout routine, CrossFit typically follows a three day period of intense exercise followed by a day of rest which you will follow for a 28-day cycle. At the end of the cycle, you’ll begin the process all over again. The next time around, however, you should have an easier time because your level of fitness should have improved.
- 5 Beginner-Friendly CrossFit Workouts – It’s nearly impossible to talk about fitness trends without CrossFit entering the conversation. This high-intensity type workout program of constantly varying functional movements has swept the nation, and doesn’t appear to be going anywhere..
- CrossFit Workouts For Beginners – CrossFit is an intense, cross-training exercise program that combines different kinds of exercises into varied fitness routines called Workouts of the Day (WODs).
- Is CrossFit a Sensible Workout Program for Seniors? – Since its official incorporation in 2000, CrossFit has gained a significant amount of attention for a variety of things.
- 7 of the Best Free CrossFit Programmes – For most, CrossFit is a method of keeping fit. You go in to your local box, work hard, get fitter, stronger, faster. You make friends, support each other and come away feeling awesome.
- CrossFit Workouts To Try In Your Next Gym Session – Wonder why people who do CrossFit are stupidly fit? Try one of these popular WODs and wonder no more.
The CrossFit Games
For those who feel they have the physical fitness to withstand the grueling challenges that await them, they can try their hand at the CrossFit games. The CrossFit games was created to allow competitors to showcase their physical fitness in an athletic setting. Prior to the creation of the CrossFit Games there was never a sport dedicated strictly to fitness. Though games like Football and Soccer require fit individuals to participate, the sport itself was never dedicated to testing fitness — theey simply required fit athletes who could withstand the rigors of the sport. The CrossFit games were created to fill this void and to ultimately find the fittest people on the earth.
- CrossFit Games – The CrossFit Games is an athletic competition sponsored by CrossFit Inc. and Reebok. The competition has been held every summer since 2007.
- Numbers Don’t Lie: 7 Movements To Master Before The Open – Given the many movements within the realm of CrossFit®, there is virtually no limit to the combination of movements and rep schemes that can make up a WOD.
- CrossFit Games Here I Come – The majority of the workouts are basic movements that you need to be able to do in your every day life. Perfect example is a squat… You probably do a squat about 5- 50 times a day.
- Why you should watch the CrossFit Games – Featuring superhuman athletes, drama, and the element of surprise, CrossFit has fast become one of the world’s very best spectator sports.
CrossFit gear and clothing
If you’re going to do CrossFit, you’re going to need exercise clothes like leggings that can withstand the high intensity of the training you will endure. There’s specific fitness wear you should wear during these training sessions. Breathable leggings and shorts are perfect for squats and running. To avoid being constricted by tight sleeves consider wearing a tank top. You’ll also want to wear comfortable shoes that have the right amount of cushioning that will allow you to jump and run without difficulty.
- Is Your Gear Helping or Hurting Your Performance? – You see a lot of things when you are a CrossFit coach for 5+ years and teach the majority of the classes at your gym.
- Clothed with Strength: Meaningful Material Practices in the Sport of CrossFit – A CrossFit enthusiast who enjoys the sport and the welcoming community, I can, however, never quite take off my theology and religious studies glasses.
- What Gear do I need for CrossFit? – We train harder than most people who exercise and we do it in some of the weirdest clothing.
- How To Choose Sportswear That Will Maximize Your Work-Out – The sportswear market is booming. Not only has it crept onto the catwalks and taken over street style, it is also being forced to become ever more technologically advanced, as our obsession with everything fitness heats up.
- How workout wear became fashionable – Think the words ‘designer’ and ‘leggings’ don’t go together? Think again. The athleisure trend is turning workout gear into a serious style statement.
CrossFit is growing more and more popular each year. Having the right type of mindset will help you to develop the discipline needed to improve your fitness. Who knows — one day you may find yourself participating in the the CrossFit games! CrossFit can only be described as a lifestyle. Once you’re committed, you’ll be in for a truly life-changing experience.